Note: The persistent feature works just as it does in Ubuntu, allowing you to save and restore most of your changes.
Linux Mint 7 Gloria Screenshot:
Distribution Home Page: LinuxMint.com
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
USB Linux Mint 7 Flash Drive creation essentials:
- 2GB or Larger USB Flash Drive (Fat32 formatted)
- Linux Mint 7 Gloria ISO
Linux Mint Flash Drive creation process:
- Download and run USBMint7.exe extracting the contents to your desktop, a USBMint folder is created
- Download the LinuxMint-7.iso and copy it to the USBMint folder on your desktop
- From the USBMint folder on your desktop, run fixmint.bat and follow the onscreen instructions
- Reboot your PC and set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot booting from the USB memory stick
Upon reboot, you should have a successful launch of USB Linux Mint (Portable Linux Mint 7) from your flash memory stick.
Persistence size: The default casper-rw loop file that becomes the partition for saving changes is only 1GB. If you have room and would prefer to use more space for saving changes you can resize casper-rw from Windows.