Distribution Home Page: ubuntu.com
Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 2GB
Persistent Feature: Yes
Ubuntu 9.10 Live USB Flash Drive Creation Essentials
- Windows PC to perform conversion
- Ubuntu 9.10 ISO
- 2GB or larger USB flash drive (fat32 formatted)
- USB-Installer-U910p.exe (contains the files to do the conversion)
Ubuntu 9.10 Live USB Flash Drive Creation tutorial
- Download and launch USB Installer-U910.exe, extracting to your PC. A "USB Installer For Ubuntu 910" folder is automatically created
- Download this torrent and proceed to download Ubuntu 9.10 ISO using your favorite torrent client.
- Place the Ubuntu 9.10 ISO in the USB Installer for Ubuntu 910 folder on your computer
- From the USB Installer for Ubuntu 910 folder on your PC, click START.bat and follow the on screen instructions
- Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
If all goes well, you should now be booting from your own personal Live Ubuntu 9.10 USB that allows you to save most of your changes persistently.
Persistent size: The default casper-rw loop file that becomes the partition for saving changes is only 1GB.
Update: The script now allows you to create a 1GB to 4GB casper-rw file.
However, If you prefer to resize your casper-rw disk block image file and use more USB storage space for saving changes post install, you can resize casper-rw from Windows or resize casper-rw using Linux